St Margaret’s College offers students the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of sports catering for all levels. At the competitive level, teams and individuals compete at local, national and international levels with St Margaret’s College supporting multiple New Zealand representatives and national champions on an annual basis.
At a social level, joining a sports team is an excellent way for students to make friends and become part of New Zealand culture. At St Margaret’s there are over 30 sports to choose from and they are available for all levels of ability.
Through the efforts of a knowledgeable and supportive team, there is ongoing inter-school competition provided, internal school events, personal fitness programmes, leadership opportunities, education and programmes that expose and develop students. Opportunities are made available to develop and maintain lifelong exercise habits in a sporting environment that is emotionally, socially and physically secure. Maximum participation through playing, coaching, developing skills in managing and as officials is promoted.
- To encourage maximum participation of staff and students irrespective of race and abilities
- To offer a wide range of sports catering for all levels of ability
- To promote sportsmanship and fair play
- To provide quality leadership with appropriate facilities and equipment
- To ensure that all students have challenge and an opportunity to achieve
- To ensure that their sporting experience is fun and encourages students to adopt an active and healthy lifestyle
- To recognise participation, achievement and excellence
Summer: Archery, Cricket, Cycling, Dragon Boating, Equestrian, Golf, Indoor Football, Indoor Netball, Lawn Bowls, Polo, Royal Life Saving, Rowing, Softball, Sport Climbing, Summer Hockey, Surfing, Swimming, Sailing, Tennis, Touch, Triathlon, Volleyball, Waka Ama and Water Polo
Winter: Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Football (Soccer), Gymnastics, Hockey, Lifesaving, Netball, Rugby, Squash, Skiing/Snowboarding, Table Tennis