Lockdown procedures are determined by Police advice and require the cooperation of students, staff and parents. We ask all parents to please follow the protocol outlined below to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
- When the school goes into lockdown, all parents will be notified via both a text message and SMC App alert. Please ensure your details are current.
- The school will continue to communicate through these channels, plus on the school website and Facebook page.
- The School will continue to update parents every 15-30 minutes through the above channels.
- During the first hour of lockdown, students will not have access to their phones (other than to switch them to silent), laptops or other devices. This is for their own protection until the School ascertains the severity of the situation in consultation with the Police.
- School phones will not be manned, so please do not try and contact the school, or your daughter. All information will be sent to you through the channels outlined above as soon as it becomes available. We appreciate it is challenging not being able to contact your child but request that you follow this protocol.
- Once the School considers that cellphone use will not endanger students or others, students will be provided brief access to their phone to let parents know they are safe.
- The school will remain in lockdown until advised by the Police or other authorised personnel that it is safe to be released.
- Please do not, under any circumstances, come to the school until you are advised it is safe for you to do so. You may be putting yourself and others in danger.
- Once the lockdown is over, parents will be contacted immediately.
Thank you for your understanding and taking the time to familiarise yourself with this protocol.