Since 1910 when St Margaret’s College first opened its gate on Armagh Street, Inspiring Women have been part of who we are; from our two name sakes, St Margaret of Scotland and St Margaret of Antioch to our founders, our teachers and our girls.
We are committed to educating young women to live and lead and celebrating the successes of the women around us and who came before us is part of that journey.
These pages are about Inspiring Women who are inspiring other women.
Learn about future, current and past leaders in our St Margaret’s community:
- St Margaret of Scotland; one of our two namesakes
- St Margaret of Antioch; one of our two namesakes
- Dame Ngaio Marsh; a novelist, director and artist
- Arihia Bennet; the first female Chief Executive of Ngāi Tahu
- E.G.G. – Educating Girls Globally
- Ella Wells; current Head Girl
- Georgia Lund; current Deputy Head Girl
- Emma Clark; NZ sportswoman – current SMC student