In line with our commitment as an organisation to protect the welfare of our community, respect the government’s advice to restrict the spread of COVID-19 and to try and ensure the effect on New Zealand as a country is minimised, we have reviewed our admissions process for the foreseeable future as below.
We very much hope we can host an Open Day later this year but at this stage, we don’t know when this can be. If you’d like to be notified once a date is confirmed, please sign up here.
We are so disappointed that, at the moment, you cannot experience personally the special environment our community enjoys here at SMC but we hope the following helps you make that all-important decision for the next step in your daughter’s education.
- Contact our Admissions Manager, Susie Campbell and she will chat with you to get to know a bit more about you and your daughter, to answer initial questions and to send you an information pack.
- Return your daughter’s completed Enrolment Form and fee to kickstart the next phase of the process. Please note all Year 7 and Year 9 enrolments for 2021 close on Friday 5 June 2020. Please refer to our Enrolment Timeline for further information.
- We’d love you and your daughter to experience our School’s wonderful atmosphere before you make that important decision about her future. Once we’ve received your enrolment form we will send you a number of video resources so you can familiarise yourself with the campus.
- We invite you to speak with our Head of Junior School (Years 1-6), Julie Calder, Head of Middle School (Years 7-10), Kathryn Gray and Deputy Principal Teaching & Learning – Jennie Nairn for Senior School (Years 11-13) students. We can also arrange for you to connect with our Heads of Sport, Performing Arts, Boarding and Learning Enhancement, depending on your interest.
- Our St Margaret’s community, including parents and girls, are happy to speak with you and your daughter personally, either over the phone or online to help familiarise you with our school. Susie Campbell will be happy to facilitate this for you.
- When you are ready to proceed, we will invite you and your daughter to meet with our Executive Principal, Diana Patchett, in an online or phone interview.
- As limited spaces are available in 2021, please let us know as soon as you can and we will arrange a mutually convenient time for this interview.
These are extraordinary times and we thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you to St Margaret’s College in person in what we hope is the not too distant future.